Friday, August 27, 2010

More Gems

Proverbs 11:

12 He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

22 As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

to me, these verses are saying we need to watch what we say to others... as well as have discretion in the things we think and do... in other words use wisdom and understanding... love it.

24 There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that awatereth shall be watered also himself.

I also like the cross reference to vs 24...

Proverbs 13:7
There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.

So if we give willingly we will always be blessed! Whether with more things or to be satisfied with what we have. I think these verses apply to the law of tithing as well as service. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Here we go again. Starting up my scripture study blog again, in 2016! So excited to put my thoughts and insights down.