Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1 Nephi 21- More Isaiah

More Isaiah. More symbolism that mostly eludes me. Especially when I am sleep deprived. ;)

I do recognize some great symbolism of the people of Israel and the Gentiles, and how in the latter days the Gentiles will take care of the house of Israel and they will once again by brought together after generations of wandering and being lost.

My favorite verses tonight are v 15 and 16.
"For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

Now being a mother, I know I would never forget one of my children, nay I live for my children, each and every day, and almost every moment of every day. Now not only does He compare His remembrance to a mother, but a nursing mother... how could a nursing mother ever forget her baby? That is the ultimate bond at the beginning of life, the ultimate tenderness of a mother taking care of a helpless infant, lovingly, 24 hours a day. And yet the Lord's love and remembrance and continual labor for us is way above and beyond this strongest of ties. How comforting that we can have that kind of love and support 24 hours a day! I love when He says "thy walls are continually before me." I picture the Lord, while going about His day, having a mental "wall" before Him, a constant reminder of our needs, our pains, our trials. But without a burdened look on His face, as I know I would surely have, never being able to focus on just myself. Its hard enough with just 5 kids, can you imagine having that kind of love for trillions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Here we go again. Starting up my scripture study blog again, in 2016! So excited to put my thoughts and insights down.